Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Great Taste Hong Kong Dim Sum @ USJ 21 Subang Jaya

I'm excited to write a review for this post. Why? Because I have FREE breakfast DIM SUM from JoinMe (joinme.com.my) online foodie reviews. I been waiting for quite some time for this voucher redemption as mostly part of the vouchers are located in Kuala Lumpur instead of Petaling Jaya. At last,  I found one of the redemption it's in Petaling Jaya and I couldn't help to LOL because Great Taste Hong Kong Dim Sum is located in USJ 21 Subang Jaya, slightly behind my housing area and it's about 5 mins drive from my house. What else I can ask for early morning breakfast is FREE for me, enjoy enjoy!! xD

Great Taste Hong Kong Dim Sum

I knew this DIM SUM opened quite some time, but I did not really take the effort to try it out, now I got a chance to try it out myself. I invited a friend for this breakfast as the portion is suitable for two persons. We were warmly greeted by Great Taste Hong Kong Dim Sum spokesman Leslie. His face expression actually make me feel comfortable to dine in and he personally served us with the orders. Quick services, we were served by home made Lo Han Ko and herbal drinks. Personally I love the drinks thick enough preserve cold in refrigerator rather than putting a lot ice into it.

Cold replenish drinks

Leslie served us with MINI EGGS TARTS as our first dish. Cute in small size with golden yellowish color. Egg tarts looks chewy, spongy and elastic when you hold it. Soft, moist and the mole shape with a solid mixture so when you bite, it won't drop easily. Delicious.

Egg tarts looks chewy, spongy and elastic 

And here's came the signature dish the greatest custard bun (LIU SA BAO) looked fresh like a golden ball. Buns were made from custard with salted egg yolk as fill with lotus paste, something new which I never eat before so far. I tear the bun into half, filling automatic dripping out and it's hot. Thought of the bun was sweet taste at the first place, I'm wrong tasted salty because of the salted egg yolk combines well with lotus paste. Small size it's nice for the Dim Sum style.

Custard Bun (LIU SA BAO)

Bun were made from custard with salted egg yolk as fill with lotus paste bun

Next was the one and only famous Har Gao. It's also known as Prawn Dumpling, one of my favorite Dim Sum too.Hear from Leslie, to wrap and form Har Gau skin is rather challenging part and it's an art in mastering it. I couldn't believe in my own eyes, Har Gao so fresh, prawn are chewy and thin layer of transparent skin attracted me to eat more.

Famous Har Gao

Har Gao so fresh, prawn are chewy and thin layer of transparent skin

Dumpling in home made superial sauce also another creation of by chefs in this restaurant. It's look like a ping pong ball size. Dumplings are freshly make for daily productions. Fillings, soft and chewy, good combination to with superial sauce.

Dumpling in home made superial sauce

Fillings, soft and chewy, good combination to with superial sauce

The very last dish was the all time favorite carrot cake fried with home made XO sauce. I'm impressed by the fried carrot cake, not oily at all. According to Leslie, traditional way to cook fried carrot cake, Wok Hei playing main major in frying it. Crunchy to eat with bean sprouts. I could not detect any burning smell in this fried carrot cake. Recommended to try it out yourself, if you're fan of fried carrot cake.

all time favorite carrot cake fried with home made XO sauce

Our breakfast early in the morning

Dim Sum served in traditional way

Crowded with people

Weekend normally always crowded with people, so if want to get a place make sure you wake up early for nice lovely Dim Sum in the morning. There's always indoor and outdoor for your options. Not forgetting also the restaurant have extra seats on the first floor. Quite large place with comfortable dining area.

Worth while to eat here, definitely I will re-visit this shop again to try out some other Dim Sum in this restaurant. I love Dim Sum so much, yum yum! Aside also thanks to JoinMe for a lovely meal. xD


Great Taste Hong Kong Dim Sum
Location: No.1-1G, Jalan USJ 21/11,
47630 UEP Subang Jaya,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Business Hours: 7:00am to 3:00pm (Daily)

6 comments:

foongpc said...

How come you did not invite me for this free breakfast?! LOL!

foongpc said...

I want the custard bun!! Can eat 3 of those!! LOL!

foongpc said...

Wah! the food all looks very yummy!! But how's the price?

Simple Person said...

dim sum should be great taste...
name also great taste..

Unknown said...

foongpc: food not bad though fresh and delicious. price just like those standard dim sum shop nth much different, but I said it's big and huge with fillings. ^_^

Unknown said...

Simple Person: hehehehehe... u should drop by to try it =)