Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pyramid Ice Skating @ Sunway Pyramid

I was invited by a friend for ice Skating recently back last month. Before I agree to go on this outing, the fear inside me extremely hard to describe. Why? Ever since first time I been to this ice skating for first time during last 10 years back actually bring me phobia. Phobia it's not because of fear of falling down, the fear of getting embarrassing in public that is never ever have any girls, do you agree? Damn malu you know? -_-"

But this never stop me from getting myself into this sport activities again. I set a mind be simple, eager to try it on, at last I agreed to go for this ice skating outing. Pray hard that I would be ok and I should be clam while playing on this ice skating. For those people who are interested in ice activity, Sunway Pyramid is place to experience ice skating sports. Perhaps there are those among you all that used to play roller skates. You now can try the difference with ice skating. For the first time playing this sport will feel hard and you will feel envy to see other people who know how to play. But do not worry, lots of time trying and don't give up easily I bet you would be perfect like the rest =)

Main Entrance

Ice skating is a very popular activity for the youngster and even for adult. To play ice skating, we need a platform from ice so that the skate can glide on top of it. Although we do not have winter that makes a frozen lake or pool in Malaysia, we do have ice skating track in Sunway Pyramid Ice. Sunway Pyramid Ice is the first and the only Malaysia’s world-class ice sports entertainment. Located in Sunway Pyramid Shopping Complex, Sunway Pyramid Ice Rink is a popular recreational destination in Malaysia which attracts lots of skaters each month. A good time to try and enjoy gliding on the ice surface!

Recognition and Awards  

Service Counters

Ticket counter, all the necessary items for ice skating are available here, All your have to do here get ready and be prepare to fall while you're on the ring, hehehehehe =P. If you do not like pants wet after playing, remember to bring extra pants!! I'm sure you all bring along with your belonging bags, so must be wondering where to secure your bags right? Fred not, lockers were available here too. With fee RM4 at one time you're now can store your bags securely without need to worry belonging while you're having fun!!

Gloves RM8 a pair

Excited =)

Gloves are available for sale, each pair of gloves cost RM8. Gloves, protecting your hands from freezing and injuries while you're skating. Aside also can choose you favorite color glove according to your taste. Glove are in standard size. My hand palm is bigger, so the only thing I can do is stretch the gloves. Perfectly fit into my hands. You're allow to bring your own gloves if you have at home.

Bar Code Tag

After purchasing tickets and gloves, staffs will be giving us bar code tag  to indicate you're valid for entrance pass. Sticker is more convenience for scanning bar code, just tag on your left or right wrist. All you have to do scan your tag before you go in. Wear it till you exit this ring circuit.

Skates Corner

As we walked in, next is to get a pair of skating shoes before you're able to play or dance in the ring. I'm sure everyone will have the headache of remembering your own size shoe number right? Less worry for now, as there staff will help you to determine size feet measurement at the skates corner. All you have to do just put on your naked feet on the feet measurement, staff will assign the fitting size shoes for you. Simple as ABC =)


Shoe Blade

I  took ice skating shoes, "wah, so heavy" with the blade weighted that much. Sharp blade on the shoes to hold on the ice while you're skating. I admired that much blade can actually make us glide on the ice surface smoothly. After a while blade will be blunt,  the process of sharpen needed from time to time.

Proper Wear of Skate Shoe

I'm done with my skate shoes

I have the fear in wearing this shoes. My mind was thinking "shit! how to walk with this shoes? sure walk clumsy and fall down" Make sure your legs cover by socks and wear it, after that you need to tie it tight otherwise you're in the risk of falling when the shoes is lose. Friend's concern and he check on my shoes if I have properly the tie shoes string. >.<

I enjoyed my time in ice skating, even though I'm at the novice level, I don't mind to try it. Practice makes perfect. Bear in mind you're not allow to take photos inside the ring, so no photos are taken inside the ring.  If you insist want to take photos inside the ring, there will be professional photographers to help with the perfect shoot.You need to pay for the photos at the photography counter session.

Ice Resurfacer truck

After few hours of skating, time to relax. The Ice ring will be close for resurfacing  process. The will be certain hours for resurfacing, you need to check on the time table. Ice will melt after sometimes it will be dangerous to skaters. An ice resurfacer is a truck-like vehicle use to clean and smoothen the surface of an ice ring.

Resurfacing time

Ring closed

While resurfacing, the ring will be close to an hour. Time for photos as usual.. hehehehe. Play as long as you want, bear in mind you're not allow go out of skating. Once you exit, you cannot turn back. If you're hungry a few kiosk stalls are available inside the ring area to for skaters convenience. Light food, drink or even junk food are available.

After all not bad to try on this activity, it fun to be in the cold environment of Ice. It's for everyone and suitable for family activities. For those who are interested for lesson, please refer below for more information. =)

Sunway Pyramid Ice
Address : LG3 Sunway Pyramid, Jalan PJS 11/15
Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia

Tel : + 60 3 7492 6800
Fax : + 60 3 7492 2808
Contact Person
For general information, please contact : Mr. Albert - Rink Manager
albertckw@sunway.com.my

For skating academy enquiry, please contact : Ms. Catherine - Skating Academy Executive
catherinellc@sunway.com.my

3 comments:

Tekkaus said...

Awww....I miss skating there. The last time I went there...it was in my teen. :p

Quay Po Cooks said...

I used to bring my son to sake there when he was little:D

Unknown said...

Tekkaus: yeah yeah.. me too.. I'm back in action lolz =)

Quay Po: Interesting on the ice skating, always be memory with your son.... =)