Thursday, October 04, 2012

The Hungry Hog @ Ss15 Subang Jaya

This my second version back to blog again about The Hungry Hog. This time they launched new dishes which tempted me to try it out. I'm so excited to try their food, every time going towards weekend are all fully booked. I'm smart dropped by after work for dinner during weekdays rather than weekend. And as I promised in previous episode, Here's some different food that I tasted at the Hog store.

The Hog

The new menu available on 4-Sept-12 on wards, lot's of update here, do check out on their latest menu. "The Full English" at [RM21.90] came with 2 sausages, 2 eggs sunny side up, bacon, grilled toms, mushrooms, beans, toast. I damn love the sausages and bacon. Grilled nicely, just at the right taste, not too salty and meats are chewy and delicious. I love to wrapped bacon onto sausages that makes it become pig into blanket, the best is to eat with hands. Runny eggs yolks looks perfect with toms and beans. Bloated after finished up everything. So far the best English breakfast I tasted before!! xD

"The Full English" at [RM21.90]

Next up was the Bangers & Mash at [RM15.90] came with 2 sausages, onion gravy, mash, salad. When I looked at it at first it doesn't look too appetizing inside the picture, surprisingly this is one of the best sausages I've ever had. The sausages are home made basis, because I found it's actually minced meat wrapped into tube, and it's became sausages at last. It tasted different from most of they sausages I had before especially beef or chicken sausages. Since there's are pork sausages in Malaysia, you can count on it!! Thumbs up I would said. Just sausages wouldn't be complete without mashed potatoes. I love mashed potatoes goes with onions gravy that makes the dish completely perfect!! I enjoyed every bite of the sausages =D

 Bangers & Mash at [RM15.90]

Plain Jane at [RM12.90] came with pork patty, cheese. I love the melting cheese on top, giving it a nice savory and creamy texture, plus juicy on the pork patty. I'm afraid the burger won't make me full, but it's too far to judge it. Surprisingly I'm bloated with the burger!! Perhaps it could be the thick pork patty with creamy cheese plus the breads that make me full!! Hardly can finish up the fries but I love it,  golden brown colors, crunchy yet crispy garnished with little bit of salt. Delicious!! xD

Plain Jane at [RM12.90] came with pork patty, cheese

The thick pork patty with creamy cheese

Friend ordered this Pork Goulash at [RM18.90] came with stewed pork shoulder with paprika, tomatoes, bell peppers. Served with mash. First he thought it's spicy when waiter served it. After tasted gravy only found out ti's tomatoes with bell peppers. I understand it's a slowly cooked process, a few hours till meat is tender and soft. Most important is it's less fats filling with meats combines everything that make your stomach full. Something different compare to Chinese Style of Goulash. I believe this Hungarian style concept. Recommended to try if you're fan of Goulash. He loves it, how about you? ^_^

Pork Goulash at [RM18.90]

Lastly dish was the Phad Khao Muu at [RM10.90] came with spicy Thai minced pork with basil, rice, egg sunny side up. It's another rice based dish with minced pork and basil. First of all I'm not aware of the spicy level till the more I eat the more hot I am. If you like chilies, challenge this dish. Make sure you ready with your tissue paper, you get sweating non stop, and burning your tongue!! I love the hint of spiciness chilies inside this dish. Try it yourself. xD

Phad Khao Muu at [RM10.90]

The only thing I left was the desserts. Wanted to try Bacon Gelato but it's over bloated with those yummy food. Should be back another round to try it out!! Seriously I love to eat here, because their shop it's clean and awarded Rank A in cleanness. =D

The Hungry Hog 
Address: 71, Jalan SS15/4C, 47500 Subang Jaya
Tel: 012 - 225 0877
Opening Hours: 12:00 - 3:00pm, 6:00 - 10:00pm
(closed on Mondays)
Email: thehungryhog@gmail.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thehungryhog?ref=ts


4 comments:

foongpc said...

Oh got new menu? I liked their 3 Little Pigs and siew yuk! Drooling at The Full English! Yum!!

Unknown said...

foongpc: yeah a few of them new menu, full english, mario n some others are new too!! I should have tasted the 3 little pigs some day!! ^_^

Unknown said...

Wa..got episode some more..Not bad.. I tried once .. Their 3 little pigs is exceedingly good, (if I dont take the fats into account) ;P

Unknown said...

Eunice Lim: Yah, 3 little pigs was good.. thumbs up!! xD