Thursday, September 06, 2012

Isenbin @ Ss2 Petaling Jaya

I met up with a friend for a drink after dinner nearby SS2, First we thought of going to Old Town Kopitiam but my this friend said Old Town in SS2 not happening filled up with elderly people. After that decided to walk across the road to search for a better shop, and my friend found out this shop crowded with people. He said "must be good though so many people, how about giving a try?" I nodded my head.

Isenbin Authentic Taiwanese Handmade Desserts

I love trying out new places especially those shop that I never been before. Isenbin Authentic Taiwanese Handmade Desserts is just next to Eu Yan Sang shop, same row with Starbucks or opposite Wong Kok in SS2, Petaling Jaya. Once I pronounced "Isenbin" automatic my mind thought of Japanese dessert not until I flipped on the menu "Eh, so similar like Snow Flake? perhaps is a Taiwanese shop?"

Front counter

As I stepped inside I felt spacious with more seats compare to Snow Flake which they have smaller outlet space with limited seats. Isenbin provided plenty of tables and chairs to cater huge amount of dine in customers.

I've been to varieties of desserts shop, found Isenbin is a decent spot for youngsters hanging out for gathering, yum cha session or even for food. Not just desserts, Isenbin do serve food like noodles and snacks. Wanted to try the food over but I had dinner earlier, so just try out their lovely desserts.

Grass Jelly Ice - RM6.50
Toppings: Red bean, transparent jelly, sweet potatoes

Normal Ice - RM6.50
Toppings: Kidney beans, read bean paste, colorful small pearls

The usual part of ordering desserts, under Isenbin list, you are free to choose any 3 toppings from the list. Both of the grass jelly ice taste good and refreshing. I like their home-made desserts very much, it was very chewy. The read bean, kidney beans and sweet potatoes was well cooked. All the portion was really BIG!!! You can share with 2 or 4 people together, fun time with desserts.

Will be back on second round to try out their noodles and the rest of food in this shop. How about you? Have you try this desserts before?? Or Snow Flake is better? =D

Isenbin Authentic Taiwanese Handmade Desserts
No.5, Jalan SS2/67,
Petaling Jaya, 47300 Selangor
Business Hours : 11am - 11pm Daily

9 comments:

Tekkaus said...

Have yet to try these or snowflakes. So no Idea. However snowflakes does look better...at least presentation wise. :D

foongpc said...

I have passed this Isenbin so many times but never go in! LOL. I still think Snowflake is best!! Even though I have yet to try Isenbin! Haha

FiSh said...

i thought they only have desserts..didnt know that they have savouries too

Latest: Bird's Nest Mooncake: Best of The Year!

Simple Person said...

a lot of Taiwanese dessert shops ..

Unknown said...

Tekkaus: Agreed with you. Still love snowflakes the orginal ^_^

Unknown said...

foongpc: u should try this some other time.. compare which is better ^_^

Unknown said...

FiSh. ohFISHiee yeap a lot savory dishes too ^_^

Unknown said...

Simple Person: agreed.. too much of this..

Anonymous said...

They are no longer there when u post this