Thursday, December 15, 2011

Restoran Damansara Hokkien Mee

Late evening, friend of mine is craving for "Tai Chow" noodles. Coincident we been looking what to have for our dinner, then the friend recommended me to Damansara Uptown for noodles. Friend keeps saying, it is highly recommended by e-artist Chui Ling and so, I agreed to give it a try.


Here we are at Damansara Hokkien Mee Restaurant. It's an open space where by sitting outside at the car parking lot won't be so hot otherwise if is inside heat that trapped circulating around rather unhealthy when they're frying noodles. We arrived kinda early it's about 6.30pm I believe they just started business of the day.


Signature of this shop is the very famous Hokkien Mee The first dish I ordered, fried with pork lark that makes noodles damn tasty and crunchy. Beware of fating pork lark! The way they prepared it is quite nice, it isn’t too watery and it’s not too dry with ample meats with vegetables to go with the noodles. Sizes of the noodles is depending on how many person eating [per head]. Per head is about RM7 Damn tasty to go with SAMBAL BELACAN.. Lolz


Next dish you must try is the Cantonese Fried Noodle or famously known among the Cantonese people. They called it Cantonese Fry (kong fu chow) as "Wat Tan Hor" I love the thick sauce [smooth and silky in the egg-based noodles broth] that is served together fried Kuey Teow but you can also order this dish with other type of noodles. Highly recommend you to eat it with the sauce right after you eat the hokkien mee. Somehow the mixture of the dark sauce from the hokkien mee mixed with the the sauce from this dish gives me the kick I like. You can choose to seperate dark sauce if it's too salty for you. It's depend on the individual as I love sauce very much. =) Per head is about RM7



Friend came across this roasted duck after ordered noodles.. Recommended to try it. Roasted duck is juicy, finger licking good. I love roasted skin, dipping with sweet and sour duck sauce melting inside my mouth. Yummy~ Can't resist to eat more. Price for this roasted will be RM15 as I know duck it's kinda expensive. But I think it's reasonable for this, it's really tasty!! Yeah, Have a wonderful dinner noodles with roasted duck. Perfect combinations!!

Restoran Damansara Hokkien Mee
Jalan 21/37, Damansara Uptown
Damansara Utama,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Operating Hours: 5pm-2am

5 comments:

foongpc said...

Oh I have not tried the roasted duck here! It's good? I like their Hokkien mee, wat tan hor and fried rice : )

Unknown said...

if foong also say nice...must be quite good...haha shall take one day to try

Unknown said...

Foongpc: yummy leh.. solid.. should tried. I love their food.. super delicious!! xD


Eric: should go try.. not bad de.. =)

thedeadcockroach said...

The Hokkien Mee looks good!

Unknown said...

Dead_Cockroach: Yeah, even my bosses from Singapore love this stalls as well