Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Geylang Lor 9 Fresh Frog Porridge

Every time talking about what to eat for breakfast, lunch  or dinner?? I always tired to answer everyone, so I decided to refer some food blog. After browsing through I have varieties of food choices, rather than giving excuses "I dunno what 2 eat" or "cincai la, up 2 you". I came across this food from Malaysia Food & Travel Blog. Guess what?? Don't be surprise, I'm eating something that is exotic~ Sure you all will faint... hahaha =P


What I'm talking about is Geylang Lor 9 Fresh Frog Porridge. I'm eating frogs~
I tried this porridge originally from Singapore last year during my company annual dinner trip. I met up with Steven, he bring me to Geylang 13 to eat Frog Porridge. I enjoyed it supper with him.

It's been almost 1 year, I miss this frog porridge so much, some how I'm connected with frog porridge again. This time I don't need go all the way till Singapore to eat anymore, I can eat in Malaysia. U hear me? I repeat, I can eat in Malaysia. This shop located in Ss2, same row with Island Cafe, further down 3rd or 4th shop. If you're not sure another landmark would be same row with Ambank.

Plain Porridge RM5 (3 person portions)

Dried Chili Frog Leg (Kong Pou) - 3 person portion

Lot's of Dry chilies and bawang! Yum =P

Fresh Frog Legs.. Yummy

Plain porridge


Once I stepped into the shop, it's well decorated with Chinese architecture, lot's of poster refer to Singapore. There are a few types of frog dishes based on your choice. The most famous is Dried Chili Frog Leg (Kong Pou). We ordered 3 frog legs cost RM33 for 3 persons, each frog leg cost RM11. Not forgetting porridge, we ordered RM5 big bowl of porridge for 3 persons.

It cooked in clay pot which is good to eat. It's best to eat during rainy days when the weather it's cold. I love frog meat, flesh it's fresh and smooth & spicy when you eat. Lot's of bones, you have to be careful when you eat. Alright I'm not to going to further explain.. Let refer to blog of Geylang Lor 9 Fresh Frog Porridge for this food review. Recommended to eat!! =D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

june, there r actually lots of nice frog porridge at malaysia too...
there r several restaurant at cheras n jalan alor selling those nice frog porridge too...even ti have ...but i forget where de..lol...

Unknown said...

Shu Ying: oh, give me address... I wanna try cheras & jalan alor too.. Ti got? where?? I want go try as well

bone90hero said...

even kampar oso hv =)
i do love frog porridge too coz it's gd 4 health