Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Pie Thing @ Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya

Damansara Utama facing in front of LDP

A date together during weekend to try out pies in Damansara Utama. Pie in cafe concept first time ever I hear in food blogging session. Every time been reading, coffee and cakes, if not English big breakfast etc. This is something unique which attracted me to try. Pie only woh.. what is so special?

As I step in, long queue at the door entrance, lot's of noisy from inside, curious to know. I sense fragrant food smell makes me drooling. First timer don't know much about procedure during ordering process. After I start picking up, then I only realized it's self service at the front counter. Basically you need to queue at the counter, next place your order and get a table. If you're coming with friends it's best deal, one person get table and the other will do the ordering process, to minimize time frame and also secure yourself with a table since the large crowd overwhelming during peak hours.


Ready made PIES

Fast Selling PIES

Ready made savory pies are available ranges from Pulled Lamb, Cheesy chicken, Chicken mushroom, Chili Cheese (beef), Chunky Steak (beef) and Creamy Spinach (Vegetarian). Can't wait to eat, when I'm in the queue the aroma of pies tempted me that much.

The Mashacre + Soda Set = RM19.90

The Mashacre with Pulled Lamb + Mashed Potato + Peas + Gravy

One of the best signature pie is The Mashacre. I get to know there's set for this, pie and drink. I opted Pulled Lamb Pie topped with mashed potatoes and peas. Large pie served with tiny cube lamb meat, cube carrot and flavorsome gravy. Generous amount of fillings plus it's crunchy when biting the outer layer of pie. I love mashed potatoes and peas, smooth and creamy to go with gravy. I also love ginger ale soda, fresh, soothing and refreshing after eating pie.

The Mashacre + Bottled Water = RM17.90 set
The Mashacre + Soda = RM19.90 set

Chicken Mushroom - Pie + Mashed Potato + Gravy (RM14.90)

Chicken Mushroom - Pie + Mashed Pumpkin + Gravy (RM14.90)

Another pie of my favorite Chicken Mushroom topped with mashed potatoes and gravy. Savory with chicken meat and mushroom, indulgence, mouth watering. Choice of most eatery in this cafe. I'm thinking if I could request for more gravy instead? There's also mashed pumpkin topping instead of mashed potato, I tried pumpkin as well, for my liking I prefer mashed pumpkin more.

Sweet Pie - S'Mores Pie (RM9.90)

I'm full with pies in my tummy, but there's slightly little space for sweet pie as in dessert. They do serve sweet pies like S'Mores Pie, Apple Crumble, The Elvis, Sweet Potato Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream, etc. I opted S'Mores Pie because it's the best sellers of among all sweet pies.

Wow! I see cute little Marshmallows it's on top of the pie. I quite impressed with the presentation neat and tidy, slightly disturbed by the taste wise, TOO SWEET, in my individual opinions. Crunchy pie made very similar towards egg tart, topped with layer of thick chocolate liquid decorated with marshmallows on top. Unbearable with the level of sweetness, no doubt it's delicious. For healthy concerns you might need to think twice before order.


Iced Latte Coffee [RM10.00]

Iced Mocha [RM12.00]

Desserts must enjoy with a cup of nice coffee, they do serve coffee too. Strong brew Iced Latte Coffee quite smooth and nice to drink. It's good to enjoy during tea break or yum cha sessions during the night. I prefer Mocha Iced, coffee plus cocoa at the right taste. Sipping it slowly, quite relax and enjoy after whole day activities.





Enjoying myself here, quick services and friendly staffs. WIFI is available too and environmental friendly. Most of the utensils made from papers and plastics, recyclable  A Pie Thing Cafe provide varieties of sweet and savory pies. Been trying two flavors, my final outcome I still prefer savory pies compare to sweet pies. Pricing quite reasonable, worth while trying if you're fan of PIE. Be early to get freshly bakes pies as they're fast selling.

A Pie Thing Cafe
No. 128G, Jalan SS21/35, Damansara Utama,
Petaling Jaya, 47400 Selangor

Business Hours:
Tue - Thu: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Fri - Sat: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Sun: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/apiething
Twitter: https://twitter.com/apiething
Email: fourquarters.co@gmail.com
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/apiething

No comments: