Monday, November 17, 2014

Tomato Rice @ Customized Version

My weekend project, been excited to try out  "How to make Whole Tomato Rice" I'm actually joining the fun and craze over the social media and Internet chain. I really dunno what is so good about this recipe, finally I found tips and clearer picture on how to cook this recipe.

Video references link from Ochikeron Chef



The original version from Ochikeron are the basic stuffs simple and easy, but I would like to customize a bit because I like more filling, making project Tomato Rice more colorful, thus I add extra ingredients. Please refer recipe below for more details. This all base on my individual preferences. :

Recipe for Customized version of Whole Tomato Rice

Difficulty: Easy
Time: Approximately 10-15 min (depending on individual rice cooker)
Rice Cooker: I'm using steamer high pressure rice cooker
Number of servings: 2-4 servings


Ingredients:
1 cup rice (you can use regular rice at your own preferences)
1 big tomato
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
2 tsp corn oil ( the best recommended olive oil)



Customized Ingredients:
1/4 green peas (rinse well)
2 sausages (cut into tiny slice)
2 slices of chicken ham (cut into tiny cube size)


Directions:
1. Wash rice and rinse well, set aside
2. Wash green peas and tomato and rinse well
3. Unpack sausages and chicken ham, cut into tiny slice, set aside
4. Place rice in a pot and add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot.
3. Add salt, pepper, and olive oil, and mix well.
4. Remove the tomato stem, and place it into center pot.
6. Add all the customized ingredients (green peas, sausages and chicken ham) into pot
5. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
6. When it's done, toss the rice lightly using a rice paddle, then serve.



I quite like the outcome of my customized tomato rices, it's neat and tidy. Cute tomato well seated nicely inside just like a warm house surrounded by greenly mother nature. I'm satisfied with outcome presentation. In terms of taste wise it's delicious, sourish with tomatoes, meat and peas. Not that oily, it's very much healthy for diet. Next round I try to include other ingredients. Hope you all like it. Enjoy~ xD

Ochikeron Chef
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ochikeron
Blog: http://createeathappy.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://youtu.be/7LK8pRv0smE
Instagram: http://instagram.com/ochikeron

No comments: