Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Umai-Ya @ IOI Boulevard Puchong

First time been to UMAI-YA for my birthday dinner with my siblings. I heard of this restaurant famous for FRESH Shashimi. Now I got a chance to try it out myself.

Umai-Ya @ IOI Boulevard Puchong

And the best place for dining it's Uptown at Damansara branch, but it's too far for me to travel down just for dinner. Before that I did a search where the nearest branch from my house, oh yes nearest would be in Puchong, specifically nestled at IOI Boulevard the new business commercialize park. Now it's so much nearer, that I can go there anytime without delay.

Wasabi

Not much different from other Japanese restaurant, Umai-ya was decorated with wooden floors, some tatami seats.Walk in, saw a few VIP private rooms are available to cater business function or personal private functions. Weekdays normally not crowded with people, easily get your seats.

ChawanMushi RM9.90

We were given menu, the waiter suppose to take orders immediately but nobody answering us. Waited almost 20 min just to get our orders done definitely it's unpleasant experience to be. Our drinks been serve almost 15 min late. Services not very good here, because I can see lack of waiter and waitress in serving customers during the weekdays, I can't image if the particular day it's a weekend for the buffet type.

Out first dish was the appetizer ChawanMushi, I would say ok to eat, not bad the taste. Sister still prefer ChawanMushi from Sakae, she admitted Sakae Sushi better in serving ChawanMushi. Next was the Katsu Chicken Rice and Katsu Chicken Noodles for both sister and brother. Both of them said the gravy it's rather watery, the tasting running out a bit, should be thicker and more creamy.

Katsu Chicken Rice RM25.00

Katsu Chicken Noodles RM25.00

Next was the very famous dish in Umai-Ya, FRESH Shashimi. Thick slices of fresh Salmon, always my favorite, raw fish consists lots of omega. Once i put into my mouth bite, ok ok to eat. Some how my taste bud said not the freshest as compare other Japanese restaurant. But I have no complaint about this Shashimi, 5 pieces for RM22, worth for the value money.

Shashimi RM22.00

Next round, I ordered Salmon Bento set for my dinner. Slightly huge portion with a bowl of rice, a few pieces of Salmon sushi and a big piece of fried salmon with soup, salad and fresh fruits. I love to eat fried salmon just nice not overcook, tasted good it's cost about RM52 per set.

Salmon Bento Set RM52.00

Fried Salmon and Salmon Sushi

Sister decided to have Ladies set, consist of big bowl or mushroom soup, salads, mixed varieties of sushi and also serve with fresh fruits. This set specially design for ladies who want go for slimming eat less. It cost about RM32 per set. Nothing much to complaint about, according to sister.

Ladies Set RM32.00

Big Bowl of Salad and Mixed Varieties of Sushi

Honestly, the quality of the food overall is ok, just that services need for improvement for better quality. I enjoyed myself here on my birthday dinner, thanks to my family for lovely treats. Love you all. Cheers!!

Umai-Ya IOI Boulevard
Block A, IOI Boulevard,
Jalan Kenari 5,
Bandar Puchong Jaya, Puchong.
Tel: 03 8075 1113

Umai-Ya Damansara Uptown
49A, Jalan SS21/37,
Damansara Utama, PJ.
Tel: 03 7726 4410

Umai-Ya Suria KLCC
Lot No. 428, Level 4, Suria KLCC
Jalan Ampang,Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 2161 3939

6 comments:

Simple Person said...

girl you sure love wasabi a lot...
i tried there and it is not bad

Unknown said...

Simple Person: Yeap, but spicy on the nose hahaha.. Agreed food there not bad just that services =)

umai-ya said...

thanks for you comment...
www.umai-ya.com

Unknown said...

umai-ya: most welcome =)

David Low said...

Heard that the quality has dropped a lot. The last time I tried was CNY and it really went bad. I thought it must be just a 1 time off quality thingy... too bad my friends went there last few weeks and commented the same.

Uhhhh

Unknown said...

Anonymous: oh, is that same branch in IOI here?