Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Kedai Kopi Sin Yoon Loong @ Jalan Timah, Ipoh

After sweating and walking in the caves, it's time for tea breaks. Talking about tea time, my friend automatic said "come la I bring to Ipoh Old Town Coffee". Lol.. Ipoh Old Town coffee?? Sounds familiar this name..because I used to drink in the office during tea breaks, those are instant packets. Now I have chance to try the real white office in Old Town Ipoh. Excited.. let go's!!

Kedai Kopi Sin Yoon Loong since 1937

I'm not very familiar with all this road, thanks to my ex-colleagues recommended me a few places for white coffee. According to him "White Coffee located along Jalan Bijih Timah" with a few shop lots that consist Sin Yoon Loong, Nam Heong, Ah Chow, Nam Chau, etc. All these coffee shops do serve brew coffee that is famous for generations. It's very easy to recognize, corner lot opposite 20 storey flats in Ipoh Old Town.

Generations to generations until today

My first choice was the Sin Yoon Loong, walked in "FULL HOUSE", waited for 20 mins just to get a place to seat. Disappointing at the end gave up, walk to opposite next door Nam Heong Old Town White Coffee also packed, walked to Ah Chow Coffee but it's closed. Disappointing turning back to Sin Yoon Loong, was hoping there's a place for us. Along the way, while I'm asking for direction, one old uncle told me Sin Yoon Loong is the best, this even make me an effort to go for it.

The owner of the white coffee, perhaps is the owner's son

At last we reached, it's FULL HOUSE, waited 20 min again just to get a place to sit. I'm lucky behind the table actually moving out, faster seated first before waitress cleaning table. Phew~ Hot, thirsty, right after cleaning table waitress took my order. Adik "mau apa?" Definitely "White Coffee" Iced Satu. It served within 10 min and it's cost only RM1.60 for a cup of white coffee. Cheap?

White Coffee RM1.60

Immediately tasted it, thumbs up!! Fragrant of coffee from the drink, using "pulled" like teh tarik style, giving a kick into coffee. I enjoyed the atmosphere Kopitiam whereby elderly citizens sitting here talking to pass the time. Recalling my late grandfather's Hainanese coffee, definitely classic. Smooth coffee and not too sweet even it's cold with ice, they still preserved coffee taste. Within 20 mins I finished a glass of white coffee!! And I'm going for second round because it's too thirsty plus I can't stop drinking it.

.Enjoying drinking it!! =D

Wanted to try Nynoya kuih but it's too late, after 4pm mostly the shops are close, but if you want to drink coffee still available. And, I managed to try Kai Tan Cake filled with jam. It's cost RM0.60 each. Soft and moist to go with coffee, tasted good!!

Kan Tan Cake [RM0.60] each

Finished all, Burp~ xD

They place is packed and it's hard to find parking. Be sure you're early to get parking and a place for seat. First come first serve, I would be some other time to try their morning breakfast. Happy at least I tasted the original white coffee here. By the way, Sin Yoon Loong, one of the oldest traditional Hainanese coffee shops in old town, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia. They served quality hot and cold beverages, toasts with kaya (a favourite Malaysian coconut jam), Chinese sponge cakes and other local delights. I'm am proud to be Hainanese because I love coffee!!

Kedai Kopi Sin Yoon Loong
15A, Jalan Bandar Timah,
30000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Business hours: 6AM-5PM

2 comments:

foongpc said...

Love the coffee here! Too bad can't drink coffee now : (

Unknown said...

yeap, the coffee here thumbs up!! Wait till your stomach recover then u only drink xD