Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Good Batch @ Damansara Uptown

It's been a while I been stop blogging, I feel like I need to share on my blog with everyone when ever there's always scrumptious food around. Started off with my 2014 blog post with English breakfast that is currently a popular trend in Klang Valley Malaysia. The Good Batch, located in Damansara Uptown, Petaling Jaya (corner lot restaurant) which same row along with Wondermilk and Fatspoon.

The Good Batch, Damansara Uptown

Menu being served immediately, without delayed. Roughly I knew what I want because I did research earlier on the blogs and also went through Facebook page. Coffee been always my favorite, I been served with Caffee Mocha [RM8.90] with a small tiny piece of biscotti. The coffee was competent but it's not an outstanding,  yet it's not up to my level of expectation.

Caffee Mocha [RM8.90] 

The Norwegian [RM20.90] served with a pair of perfectly poached eggs and lemon Hollandaise on lightly toasted. Given a first bite, I find the salmon was too thick a very mild fishy smell. The creativity of house-made lemon Hollandaise sauce catered to cover the salmon smell. Overall it's good, but I find it taste a bit bland, compared to Plan B Avo Quinoa.

The Norwegian [RM20.90]

Another dish I tried out was the Hangover Mess [RM20.90], served with corned beef mixed witb pan-fried potatoes and diced capsicums, topped with two sunny side-up, drizzed with herbs Hollandaise. If you're beef lover I must said you will like this dish well, well prepared plus I find it a little bit oily. The portion was just enough for small eaters. It's meant to be messy for this dish, you need extra tissues to wipe your mouth after finishing it.

Hangover Mess [RM20.90] 

I enjoyed the cozy environment, definitely not during large crowd, without peace of mind, lot's of noise especially during night time yum cha session. Everyone been early talking and sharing loudly. Hardly I can hear when my friends communicating with me. There's still a lot more explore in The Good Batch, On an average, each main dish costs RM20 above per main dish, I believe there's room for improvement in the future. Free WIFI available too, do visit this place if you're looking for English breakfast.

The Good Batch
53, Jalan SS 21/1A,
Damansara Uptown, Petaling Jaya (same row as Wondermilk and Fat Spoon)
Opening Hours: 10am-10pm (Tuesday – Thursday), 10am – 1am (Friday – Sunday)

2 comments:

foongpc said...

Oh blogging again? EH, where's your remaining Bali posts? Will never see the light of day? Hahaha!! This Good Batch - I've never been there. Maybe will try some day, but difficult since I seldom drink coffee and I don't eat all these types of food anymore. But once in a while, maybe I will go try it :)

Unknown said...

foongpc: Hhmm.. lately i also busy no time, I try my best to blog it.. I don't why people say so good about this restaurant.. to me.. it's just very a normal hang out place only...